Step 1 - Make an Appointment for Student Interview and Assessment
- Call us, send a direct message to our Facebook’s messenger/ website, or come to talk face to face with our staff during school hours at reception.
- Make an appointment for an interview and assessment. Assessments typically last 15 to 20 minutes. Students will be placed based on age and English ability.
Step 2 - A Three-Day Trial
Based on the results of the interview and assessment, students enter the assessed level for a 3-day trial for further observation from the teacher.
Step 3 - Acceptance
Parents or guardians of prospective students will be officially notified of acceptance decision directly in writing or by phone call after completion of steps 1 and 2.
Step 4 - Enrollment
The following documents are required to submit within 5 working days or the student will not be placed in the class or on the waiting list.
- Application form and student health form
- Previous academic background
- Performance on APIS entrance assessment
- Copy of student’s passport (foreign student)
- Copy of student’s birth certificate
- Copy of parents’ passports (foreigner)
- Copy of parents’ national ID
- 4*6 photos of the student and parents
If the number of eligible applicants exceeds the availability of places for a particular grade year, students may be placed on a waiting list until a place becomes available. Students with siblings already enrolled at APIS are given priority status within the waiting list, as are children of APIS staff. We consider various other criteria in selecting students from the list, including whether the student has other viable educational options, his/her level of English and general academic proficiency, and the gender balance of the class/grade.
When placing an applicant on the waiting list, we try to provide the candidate with a realistic assessment of the chances and possible timing for admission. However, candidates should be aware that, like most international schools, the enrollment situation at APIS is dynamic and often unpredictable. We periodically contact parents of applicants on the list to update them on enrollment status and to confirm whether they wish to remain on the list.
Once the application is complete, including receipt of school records, confidential recommendations and payment of the application fee, we will inform you of a decision in due course, usually within a week.
Applicants accepted for admission are asked to accept or decline the offer within one week of receiving notice of acceptance by contacting our admissions office. Please understand that we ask for these commitments in a timely basis so that 1) we may ensure that places are held for accepted applicants who indeed wish to enroll; and 2) in instances where accepted applicants choose other options, we may allocate places to other deserving candidates on the waiting list.